Our client is a co-development studio working with some of the biggest AAA games studios in the world based in the NW of England. They are now looking for a C++ Lead Programmer to join their talented team and help work on their latest exciting projects.
As part of your role you will be responsible for developing, motivating, and managing a team and be pivotal in terms of shaping the studios upcoming projects.
What you will be doing?
- Leading designing, writing, testing, development and implementing systems and game code
- Mentor and provide feedback to team members, improving the volume and quality of work implemented
- Protype, Architect, Refractor game systems during different phrases of development
- Improve existing game production workflow
- Improve CIS and ensure broken builds can be solved within timely constraints
- Communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- Implement and take ownership of estimating tasks and deliver high-quality code to that schedule
Who you are?
- 5+ years of experience in programming or a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or relevant field
- Excellent C++ skills and ability to code and architect game systems/tools
- Experience leading a team of gameplay engineers
- Knowledge and experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with multi-threading, optimisation techniques and profiling
- Solid understanding of debugging, performance, and algorithms
- Knowledge of 3D asset creation
- Experience with a wide range of gameplay systems including networking, AI, gameplay, and UI
- Experience programming for console games
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary with flexible working hours
- Great benefits schemes including medical and dental insurance
- No crunch
- Opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team
- Personal development opportunities
If you are interested, please forward your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number 2625.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.