This global AAA studio in Shanghai is now seeking a Lead Programmer/TD to join them. With covid initially this position will be remote with a view to moving when all is safe. Ideals are experience of Unreal to work on a new IP which is a 3rd person shooter. Also, experience of managing a large technical team and building a team with a view to being 30 - 50 heads. This position reports to the Studio Director and so experience in Gameplay / AI or Graphics is advantage. They will offer a salary that high and very competitive for the right candidate. If this interests you please come back to me or feel free to share this on:
[Position] Lead Programmer - Console Game
[Based in] Shanghai
1. Responsible for the design and implementation of client application frameworks; lead the R&D effort for critical technologies;
2. Responsible for client application performance optimization and building tools;
3. Responsible for integrating cutting-edge technologies with project requirements, to help improve project outcome.
4. Build and manage a team of programmers, work with an international team of top-notch game developers. Face various challenges and explore new frontiers.
1. 3+ years of experience developing game client applications. Participated in R&D and maintenance work for at least one 3D game engine. Have systemic knowledge of game R&D related technologies. Willing to learn and follow industry developments.
2. Have a firm grasp of the C++ programming language, and be proficient in a least 1 shader language (HLSL/GLSL/METAL SL/etc.)
. Experience with 3A console/PC game development is preferred
4. Deep knowledge of mature commercial game engines (UE4/Unity3D) is preferred. Should understand how critical technologies are implemented.
5. Flexible and open-minded, have a sense of initiative, self-discipline and the ability to push objectives forward. Able to independently research and overcome technical problems.
6. Good communication skills, work well in a team environment and under pressure.
7. Fluent English
Global Games Executive Search | Building World Class Teams | We care about Diversity.
Follow Interactive jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive is an equal opportunity search firm that values diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.