This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is looking for an experienced Lead QA to join their team.
The successful candidate will define and execute our clients Agile testing procedures, the test automation and tool programme for the project, and our clients milestone validation and quality benchmarking systems
- Completion of multiple videogame projects with responsibility for execution of QA processes in an Agile development environment.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an applicable field such as Games Production or Games Development.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Line management experience, ideally in a QA or other testing team.
- Proven expertise in software testing methodologies, and Agile software development (ISTQB certification is beneficial)
- Good general knowledge of the software development environment, including debugging, version control, and continuous integration systems.
- Advanced user of Test/Quality Management tools (e.g. creating workflows, developing test cases and building test plans)
- Previous background in test automation and technology solutions is highly beneficial
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium. Racing game experience will really help, but isn’t required.
- Work with Development QA management team and other stakeholders to plan, monitor, and control all Dev QA activities and tasks on assigned project.
- Line management responsibility for a team of Dev QA Technician and Engineers
- In collaboration with stakeholders, devise the quality plan for the project, delegating elements of the resulting plan to applicable Dev QA staff.
- Agree and manage the tasks for assigned staff on the project; prioritize work accordingly within the development schedule and ensure alignment with Milestone objectives.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the current project scope, features and design, latest dev team priorities, and ongoing production risks and issues; actively contribute to the dev team's understanding, tracking, and mitigation of these items.
- Assist in the development and production of key performance metrics and targets for the project and the overall Dev QA team, and ensure that all assigned Dev QA team members are working to meet them.
- Provide mentoring and support for assigned staff to aid knowledge transfer and maintain sufficient skill-level amongst all Dev QA personnel.
- Work with Principal Analyst and Dev QA Analyst(s) to identify and implement best practice, ensuring that effective and consistent quality practices are applied across different projects.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 420!