This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Next Gen Console Games
OPM have partnered EXCLUSIVELY with a new studio looking to create a world class and genre defining AAA Open World title for release on Next Gen consoles.
You will be joining an industry powerhouse in terms of publishing and development.
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled coders based in Barcelona at the beginning of this journey where you will own your area of expertise and contribute fully to the creation of the game.
This truly is something special and you will have input in building a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication for the future of the studio.
- Ability to architect from high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks using C/C++.
- Superb background, having worked on at least one shipped AAA games as a Senior or Lead programmer.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine and how to expand it.
- Solid understanding of all game engine systems to cooperate with and discuss requests from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines.
- Professional experience and deep understanding of building game engine elements.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine in a modern console environment.
- Keen desire to join a brand-new team and projects.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of the development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Cooperate with all departments to identify requirements and develop a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability.
- Harmonise with QA, Build Engineers and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability.
- Represent and champion for the engine coding team to all other parties.
- Coordinate with and complement the gameplay and AI programming teams.
- Coordinate with the team to establish code guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets.
- Fully evaluate platforms to understand and get the most from the latest generation of hardware.
- Constantly monitor the performance of all systems.
- Assist the development of a high-quality engine programming team by being involved in recruitment process.
- Mentor coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Offer meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, one on one sessions and 360 feedback.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!