Project: Next Gen Console Games
One Player Mission have partnered EXCLUSIVELY with a new studio looking to create a world class and genre defining AAA Open World title for release on Next Gen consoles.
You will be joining an industry powerhouse in terms of publishing and development.
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled coders based in Barcelona at the beginning of this journey where you will own your area of expertise and contribute fully to the creation of the game.
This truly is something special and you will have input in building a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication for the future of the studio.
- Ability to code both high-level systems and low-level performance tweaks using C/C++.
- Strong understanding of transforming design requests into working features.
- Great game design knowledge to complement design specs to produce gratifying experiences.
- Keen desire to join a brand-new team and project.
- Superb background, having worked on at least one shipped AAA games as a Senior or Lead gameplay programmer.
- Professional experience and deep understanding of gameplay and AI systems.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine in a modern console environment is a bonus.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of the development processes, workflows, and tools.
- Working alongside designers to develop a structure to assist rapid prototyping while keeping code stability.
- Harmonise with engine coders to define the programming environment for development phases.
- Represent and champion the gameplay code to all other parties.
- Coordinate and complement work from system designers.
- Coordinate with gameplay coders establishing code guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets.
- Work alongside with the design teams to make sure they have the most efficient tools.
- Evaluate, validate, and integrate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Assist the development of a high-quality gameplay programming team by being involved in recruitment process.
- Mentor coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Offer meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, one on one sessions and 360 feedback.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!