Feral Interactive, a leading developer and publisher of AAA games for Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and Switch, is looking to hire a Lead Systems Administrator.
Your duties will include:
- Organising major improvements to our IT infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining our servers
- Responsibility for our IT Security
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company
- Managing the Sys Admin team
You will be responsible for our IT infrastructure and will work closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game developers, server-side developers and QA team. Most of your time will be dedicated to project work, implementing robust solutions with an emphasis on security, backup, monitoring, and documentation.
You will also be required to troubleshoot difficult issues. You should be comfortable speaking with and providing assistance to people with different levels of technical ability, including other IT personnel and software developers.
Feral is currently a team of around a hundred and twenty people, so you’ll quickly get to know your colleagues and will work directly with many of them.
This is a permanent, full-time position based at our studios in Wandsworth, south-west London.
What skills and experience should you have?
- At least four years’ professional experience as a systems administrator
- Experience with Linux server environments
- Experience with Virtual Machines and VM servers (preferably VMware ESXi)
- A track record of completing independent project-based work
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g., Bash, Perl, or Python)
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 framework
What else would help?
- Cisco networking certification (CCNA or better)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Managing SAN systems
- Apache HTTP server configuration
- Knowledge of ELK stack
- Monitoring frameworks
- Versioning/revision control software
- Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
- Different encryption formats and storage solutions
- Java or PHP programming languages
- Managing an array of mobile devices
- Supporting macOS environments
What’s in it for you?
- £40-50k annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Great opportunity to run a key department in an exciting business
Feral Interactive is a leading developer and publisher of games for iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux platforms. Recent hit titles include Total War: Warhammer III (Mac and Linux), GRID Autosport (Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android), Company of Heroes (iOS and Android), Alien Isolation (Switch, iOS and Android), Total War: MEDIEVAL II (iOS and Android), Total War: ROME REMASTERED (Windows, Mac and Linux) and Sid Meier’s Railroads! (iOS and Android).
How to Apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, addressed to Diziet Sma. Applications without a covering letter will not be reviewed.