One Player Mission’s client is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. For more than 20 years, they have been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world. They are looking for a talented and passionate Lead Systems Engineer to help create them.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design, to implementation of large-scale engine features. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead a low-level systems development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing low-level engine features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design low-level engine systems.
BONUS SKILLS (Good to have)
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!