OPMs client is looking for a experienced and talented Lead Technical Artist to help them create a vast, expansive AAA open world game.
The successful candidate will bridge between artists and engineers, ensuring an efficient art pipeline and optimized game.
- A vast career in games, console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with two or more AAA shipped titles, in a technical role.
- Technical experience across multiple art disciplines including procedural generation of environment, shaders and PBR material creation, animation, and rigging.
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C#, or C++.
- Able to effectively manage direct reports and help them with their day-to-day tasks.
- Strong understanding of the performance implications of open-world development on consoles and PCs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art, and programming.
- Experience working on a wide range of tech art projects, regarding art tools, graphics engines, and game hardware.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art tools including, but not limited to: Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter, World Machine, and other state-of-the-art DCC tools.
- Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAXScript, MEL script, Python, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities.
- Able to present (internally and externally) a clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
- Lead and Inspire a team of talented co-workers and be the go-to contact for all matters relating to the design and delivery of tech art systems and assets.
- Work closely with Art Director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game.
- Explore novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft.
- Create new or modify existing world-building methods to help speed up the iteration times of the Design and Art teams.
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions for the art team.
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team.
- Work to develop long-term pipeline strategies for our teams and studio.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415