We are assisting an established and successful studio who is looking for an experienced Lead Technical Artist to join them. As part of your role, you will work to work on their unique flagship title and be a part of an awesome and dedicated team of talented artists.
- Works closely with the Art Director, Technical Director and other Leads
- Manage, motivate, mentor and lead a team of 3 Technical Artists
- Collaborate and communicate with the various teams to find solutions to any complex technical issues
- Oversee development all pipelines – software plug-ins, proprietary tools, new in-game technology
- Research, develop and implement new tools & scripts – coming up with cutting edge stuff
- Provide guidelines and advise the teams regarding best practices, risks of any new features
- Ensuring high quality bar is maintained within the team
- Prepare, record and maintain all technical documentation
- A min of 5 years of experience as Technical Artist in the games industry
- At least 2 years at Senior/Lead level with a shipped title under your belt
- Real-time rendering pipelines
- Unreal engine 4
- Programming skills – preference for Python, C++
- 2D and 3D content creation tools and scripting solutions
- An experienced team leader, prepared to share knowledge and technical skills, in order to grow the team
- A solutions-driven individual – a problem-solver
- Must be able to speak English – good verbal and writing
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
- Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events
- Extensive games/books library and participation at various game conferences
- A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings.
Please forward your Word formatted CV and your portfolio/showreel links to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2261
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.