This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are an Amsterdam based studio who are world famous for creating critically acclaimed RPGs.
They are currently seeking a Lead Technical Artist to drive the artistic vision and development of the highly anticipated AAA games.
- Work alongside the art directors and production to drive the artistic vision of our studio productions
- Oversee the development of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and in game technology
- Mentor and assist the technical art team, overseeing shader development, graphics technology, tooling and performance ensuring high quality
- Support planning asset production in collaboration with the asset, FX, concept, character, and level teams
- Guide and motivate your team to level up their skills, process and technical/artistic techniques
- Become a bridge between the art and tech teams and foster clear communication between the disciplines
- Recognize industry trends and improvements to workflow and efficiency such as modular building techniques and proceduralism
- Work closely with Art Management to build, source and extend our team with global AAA talent, including training our external partners as well as reviewing and ensuring ultimate quality
- Strong experience in technical development in the entertainment industry serving in a leadership role
- Background creating assets within next generation art pipelines with expertise in at least three of the following areas: rigging, scripting, shader development, lighting, and visual effects
- Familiarity with at least one development language such as mel, python, c#, or c++
- Ability to work alongside and communicate with game designers, artists, and engineers to ensure that technical art vision is serving project needs
- Strong knowledge of 3D packages (Maya, Houdini, Max, etc.)
- Experience with shader construction, ideally using both graph networks and hand coding
- Capability to mentor, guide and motivate a team effectively
- Background managing, scheduling, critiquing, and administering performance reviews for a team of artists
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!