This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Our award-winning client is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Technical Artist to join production on their innovative 3rd person PvE co-op shooter title.
- As the technical art department lead, mentor, manage, and motivate a team of Technical Artists to help create some of the most advanced/unique content seen in video games
- Manage the development and introduction of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and new in-game technology
- Work alongside the art director, technical director and other department leads to realizing the project’s creative vision
- Create and maintain technical documentation in terms of standards, pipelines, and processes
- Offer feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as technical artists and developers
- Establish qualitative and performance benchmarks and guiding the team in reaching them
- Find creative solutions for complex technical art problems that exceed player expectations and set examples for other technical artists
- Extensive experience as a Technical Artist including strong experience in a Team leading position
- In-depth understanding of Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped a minimum of one game as senior or lead technical artist
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with 3D and 2D content creation tools including their respective scripting solution
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse team and handle the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
- Great problem solving and troubleshooting skills
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Strong programming skills, preferably with Python and C++
- In-depth experience with 3DS Max, Maya, Modo and Substance
- Relocation bonus and support
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!