This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Realtime Projects
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and talented Lead Technical Artist with proven experience working with Unreal Engine.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding the asset and content creation teams to ensure the highest levels of technical quality.
- Work in partnership with the CG Lead, Tech Art Supervisor and Lead Developer to design and implement optimal workflows, tools and processes for content creation
- Create documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the content creation team and the programming team
- Make sure assets are of the highest technical quality
- Work in partnership with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases
- Test new tools before deployment into production
- Push optimisation and debugging to fix issues raised
- Create or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists
- Exhibit a high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts
- Strong experience as Technical Artist
- In-depth experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Strong experience with a range of content creation software, including Maya, Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini
- In-depth knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms
- Understanding of an asset management system, e.g. Perforce
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!