This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client have are currently growing their team, including an exciting Lead Technical Artist opportunity. The successful candidate will join their upcoming multiplayer shooter project at the early stages of development.
- Work alongside the Art Director to evangelize the artistic vision of the game
- Manage a team of technical artists reviewing both code and aesthetic output. Mentor your tech artists to deliver outstanding results and improve their skills, artistic ability, and technique
- Plan, prioritize and set objectives for your team
- Supervise the development of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and in game technology
- Work with your team and other artists to make assets performant in the game
- Proven experience of leading a tech art team
- Good experience as a technical artist on a video game team
- In-depth knowledge of 3D content creation software, especially 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop
- Familiarity with C++ and / or C#
- Understanding of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Experience working with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 middleware
- Background with environment procedural generation highly desirable
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience with Houdini
- Rigging and animation experience
- Life insurance
- Private medical and dental
- Annual transportation grant
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!