Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Our client is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. They bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. They believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join them. Shape your story.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Maya
- Solid understanding of game editing tools and software.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
- Leading level reviews alongside the Gameplay Art director & Head of LEGO Integration, feeding back on interactive gameplay assets, puzzles and set piece implementation, with a view to achieving high quality content.
- The design, construction, rigging and animation of level specific, set-piece & incidental LEGO game assets as required / specified by Game and/or Level Director
- Setup/triggering of level specific LEGO game assets and level/puzzle flow via in-house editors.
- Assisting in driving forward nTT tech, working with Game Mechanics, Game Technology and Tool Programmers, providing feedback on new tools, systems and mechanics.
- Provide coaching to Senior Gameplay Artists, Gameplay Artists and Junior Gameplay Artists where appropriate.
- Layout of level geometry based on design documentation and direction provided by the assigned Level Director.
- Optimisation of level specific, interactive gameplay assets and LODing where required across platforms.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Identifying and ensuring that all employee relations matters (including absence, performance and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures and in liaison with Human Resources
- Creative and Technical direction of the Gameplay Artist team.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and throughout crunch periods
- Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake
- Regularly reviewing employee performance through appraisals and 1-2-1’s to ensure performance targets and expected behaviours are delivered
- Exclusive events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!