OPM’s client is a developer with an excellent catalogue of games to their names. Partnered with the world’s greatest games publishers they have a wide variety of projects in development. With continued expansion they are now looking for a Lead Technical Designer to join the studios working on upcoming, exciting new IP.
The successful candidate will champion design and system architecture to a high quality. You will be instrumental in supporting their multi-disciplined development teams from concept, prototype and tools chains through to final quality gameplay experiences.
- Previously shipped a AAA title in a key position.
- Excellent technical scripting skills, ideally in visual and/or text-based scripting.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity or custom studio specific engine.
- Ability to work cross-discipline and provide constructive and easy-to-understand feedback to any team member.
- Good knowledge of game and level design principles.
- Collaborate with all the different disciplines to uphold and execute the game vision.
- Oversee and guide the creation of technical workflows and production pipelines.
- Assess and validate game features for technical feasibility.
- Act as a technical expert on the team and ensure the tools, documents, technical support, and dissemination of best practices.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of the engine, its capabilities, and auxiliary development tools.
- Uphold good system architecture across the technical design department, including reuse and optimisation.
- Be responsible for guiding and aiding team members careers progression.
- Prototype, review and tweak gameplay, tools, and systems.
- Relocation support and VISA Sponsorship
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday
- 5 Paid Learning Days per year
- Regular social events
- And Much More!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!