Programming Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
You could be the Lead UI Engineer we are looking for; do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our lead engineers who consider themselves a generalist. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Lead a team of UI engineers of various skill levels
- Implement UI with a combination of C++ and UMG
- Collaborate with art and design teams
- Contribute to a large codebase, adding features and improving performance
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in unfamiliar code through careful analysis
- 5+ years of experience as a UI Engineer
- Shipped multiple titles as a UI Engineer
- Proficient with UMG Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Comfortable in C/C++
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for making fun games
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Experience with additional languages such as Python, Lua, or C#
- Experience with Game UI Frameworks such as Coherent or Scaleform
- Impressive demo/samples of previous work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.