This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console / PC Video Games
OPM are thrilled to working with a new client based in Lisbon, Portugal. The studio has a history of delivering a full-range services including design, art, coding, game developers across the world.
The future of the studio is tied closely with a major European partner now and working specifically on their PC and Console titles. Currently looking to build a larger development team they are seeking an experienced lead developer.
If you are a passionate, talented, and highly motivated software engineer this role is likely to be a perfect fit for you.
As a lead developer you will be responsible for driving forwards a talented and enthusiastic team of engineers on a variety of titles. You will design solutions, coach new team members, and guarantee the quality of the work being delivered.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN.
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Professional experience in game development.
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Certified ScrumMaster.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- Ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers on the Automation engineering team.
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team oriented culture.
- Social events and gatherings.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!