It’s an exciting time to join the team here at Media Molecule as we continue to push the boundaries of creative gaming! We are now recruiting for a talented Lead UX/UI Designer to join the team. In this exciting, newly created role, you will have the opportunity to build out and manage our UX/UI roadmap, ensuring a consistent vision across UX/UI and providing direction and mentoring to more junior members of the team. There’s huge potential for impact.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working alongside Production, create and manage the UX/UI roadmap, maximising user testing and collaborating with art, design and engineering to ensure consistency, authenticity, and brand harmony across all systems, user experience and user interfaces.
- Lead design work streams - managing people and the quality of key deliverables
- Advocate for our player and creator support systems to help to push the quality of our UI / UX forward
- Present concepts as low or high fidelity prototypes
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project
- Coordinate with developers to architect technical requirements for features and ongoing design iterations
- Manage the necessary user-experience between all aspects of the game via cross-team collaboration, such as; audio, accessibility, UI design, development, etc
- Work with production to define user stories and journey maps
- Oversee the execution of a wide range of projects from creator support infrastructure to in-game player facing systems.
- Ensure that the brand vision and branding is consistent across all UI / UX, maintaining the highest standards
- Supporting AB Testing as part of the desired workflow
Skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a fast paced, gaming, marketplace or an interactive design industry
- Experienced leader and a natural coach, driving team results through clear feedback and performance management
- Broad range of experience incorporating both UI / UX for features as well as content management systems
- Previous experience of setting and delivering on the branding vision is highly desirable but not essential.
- Expertise with creating and owning guidance documentation, including and not limited to Style Guides
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, managing your own and your team’s work.
- Extensive experience with user-research and user-testing
- A collaborative, proactive, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Producing multiple, solutions to a single problem
- Strong knowledge of the UX process and usability design principles.
- Ability to conceptualise, pitch, and implement game concepts using various tools, technology, and visual language.
- Up to date with the latest UI / UX trends & learnings
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.