This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced and talented Lead VFX Artist with an understanding of memory and frame budgets, production schedule and project goals, animation, programming, and design concerns, understands PBR lighting basics and material authoring.
- Work alongside the Art Director to set the art style and visual standard for the team by the creation of art assets, a mastery of internal technology and tools pipeline and departmental production dependencies
- Work closely with the graphic engineering team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality
- Work alongside with Art, Cinematic and Development teams to create industry leading FX throughout our environments, characters, weapons/vehicles and cinematic sequences
- Examine and initiate processes and features needed to improve and streamline production
- Assist in standardising the workflow and pipelines for asset creation
- Take part in planning and milestone delivery for the FX
- Showcase outstanding use of fluid dynamics, timing, animation, color and lighting in the creation of photorealistic, high-quality effects for environments and dynamic objects
- Current-generation AAA video game platform experience with a minimum of two published titles.
- Work with Design, Engineering, and the Technical Art staff on FX pipeline
- Work alongside Development Management Team to understand the evolving needs of the studio
- Manage a team of FX artists, supporting and promoting a growth mindset amongst the staff
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work collaboratively – must be open to direction and able to embrace and manage others through change
- Exceptional portfolio of FX artwork, including significant real-time work
- Expertise in Unreal Engine FX tools with an emphasis on Houdini FX
- Expertise with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Extensive technical art background in FX, with a focus on shader writing
- Background authoring rendered FX in packages such as the Adobe Suite, Maya/Max and Houdini
- Scripting and/or visual scripting experience (Unreal’s Blueprints, etc.)
- 30 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance including dental
- Relocation and VISA support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!