This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is one of the worlds leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios. They are currently looking for a real-time Lead VFX Artist to work on their upcoming AAA games. The successful candidate’s work will range from creating gameplay effects to authoring complex set-piece destruction. Responsibilities will include owning and improving the VFX pipeline and being able to take an effect from simulation, creating flipbooks to setting up the effect in the game engine.
- Extensive professional experience as a VFX artist in game development
- Minimum of at least one shipped AAA title
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Mentor junior and mid-level VFX artists and provide feedback on best practices
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual effects
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of techniques and tools for creating VFX animation (standard particle systems, fluid sims, physics sims, etc.)
- Familiarity creating pixel and vertex shaders
- Capacity to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- Ability to take direction and implement feedback
- Capability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
DESIRED SKILLS (Not must haves)
- Unreal Engine experience
- HLSL shader creation experience
- Private health care plan, dental included
- 4 weeks’ vacation per year
- Relocation Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!