This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced and talented Lighting Artist to take ownership of the lighting of environments and characters for one of their games, ensuring that it meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
- Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief
- Assist to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences
- Work closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes
- Work alongside other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences
- Strong experience as a lighting artist or equivalent senior artist role, working on a minimum of one AAA title
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
- Great portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
- Outstanding understanding of composition and colour theory
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine or similar (Unity, CryEngine, Frostbite etc)
- Experience with Maya
- Background with baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Understanding of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold
- Compositing and colour grading experience
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!