OPM are pleased to be working with a long-standing client that are looking for a highly talented and experienced Lighting Artist to play a key role in their studio.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the lighting of environments and characters for one of our clients games, ensuring that it meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions
- A proven career as a lighting artist or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
- An excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity
- Unreal Engine, or similar (UNITY, CryEngine, Frostbite, etc.)
- Professional proficiency in Maya
- Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
- Working knowledge of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold would be useful.
- Compositing and colour grading experience is preferred.
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief.
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
- Our client make big games with small teams – you will play a full and active role
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events – including large summer party
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!