Pearl Abyss America, Inc. -- the team behind Black Desert — is seeking a high-performing, innovative, results-oriented and customer-obsessed, Live Operations Specialist to help accelerate our gaming reach to millions of customers across all screens (PC, Mobile, Console, etc.) in North America.
The video game industry is already bigger than music and movies combined, and is growing rapidly. The video games industry is transforming how customers are entertained, communicating with each other, and interacting with digital devices.
Our company needs a Live Operations Specialist who has an entrepreneurial spirit with relentless tenacity to get things done. You will continuously monitor the game live-service and handle day-to-day live operations task, collect in-game issues and player feedback, and engage players by designing and executing in-game events.
Our Live Operations Specialists proactively interact with the players both in the game and in the community – working closely with community managers and customer support staff. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to ensure all Pearl Abyss current and future titles will achieve North America goals.
- Manhattan Beach, CA (Los Angeles)
- In-Office Position: Monday to Friday
- Handle day-to-day tasks for the game's live-service through the internal operation tool.
- Assist the regular server maintenance work and the content updates
- Monitor and regularly report on the live-service issues and the players feedback
- Respond to live game issues that occur in the game and write up appropriate notices when necessary
- Assist creating weekly/monthly in-game events plan and executing them during the live-service
- Work closely with other live-ops specialists, Customer Support team and Community Managers to solicit feedback and suggestions for the game improvement from the community
- Stay up-to-date on the latest game updates to be able to support the player base properly.
- Perform investigation and documentation on the game exploits, bugs and other serious technical issues in the game.
- Review customer support ticket answers and further investigate reported issues and take actions when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in video game industry, especially in CS, QA, live-ops community management, or related field
- Extensive knowledge and gameplay experience of MMORPG
- Prior experience/interactions with the gaming communities
- Technical knowledge of online game live service
- Strong customer service ethic and great interpersonal communication skills
- Creativity, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and grow
- Professional and mature demeanor along with strong time-management and organization skills for coordinating multiple initiatives and priorities
- International travels may be required for this position
- Avid Black Desert Online player
- Project management experience or related certificates
- Graphic design or video production/editing skills
- Proficiency in Korean
PEARL ABYSS AMERICA BENEFITS
In addition to having a great culture, some of our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off - PTO (Vacation, Sick Days & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Free Gym Access (in the company office building)
- On the 1st month after 3 months of employment, benefits will include:
- Free Lunch in the Office
- Retirement Plan (401K) - Company matching up to 5%
- Lifestyle Wallet - $170/month
- Personal and Professional Development Wallet - $100/month
- Tiny Human Wallet - $500/month child subsidy through high school graduation (up to 3 children)
- Pet Insurance covered by the company, for employee’s pet animals (up to 3 pets)