Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced QA tester to join our Live QA Team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As a Live QA Technician, you will support game/DLC launches across a range of titles that are currently in development as well as our back catalogue. You will have the opportunity to work alongside multiple teams including Development and Community to actively find, reproduce and log issues.
The ideal candidate will not only be an experienced QA tester, but also have experience in community or customer facing roles in addition to excellent testing skills.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 2-3 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Support Total War titles pre and post release, working with QA, Development and Community teams
- Thoroughly monitor social media spaces/forums to find and log defects reported by the Total War playerbase
- Judge traction and priority of issues
- Aid in reproduction of bugs
- Relay key feedback to stakeholders across multiple departments
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise tasks
- Customer Service experience or relevant experience showcasing the ability to understand and empathise with players
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous QA Experience working in video games or other related software testing fields
- Experience playing Grand Strategy videogames such as Total War
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing them.
- Experience playing a range of titles in the Total War franchise both old and new
- Experience with community forums or professional social media interactions
- Experience using bug and task tracking software such as JIRA
- Knowledge of PC hardware/software and experience troubleshooting/diagnosing issues.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.