A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As a Localisation Specialist, you will assist in the design and development of our products by contributing through direct localisation work such as translating, editing and proofreading or by supporting our Production teams and external partners with linguistic feedback. You will be the linguistic point of contact for your language at our studio, collaborating with our external partners to ensure a high-quality localisation across all content, and support our player community by improving their experience with our products.Key Duties Include:
- Translating new and updated in-game content and related materials to a high standard.
- Editing and performing quality assurance of in-game content and related materials provided by you and external partners to ensure a high quality and consistency.
- Providing linguistic feedback for our Production teams and external partners.
- Generating and maintaining linguistic databases (translation memories, glossaries and style guides).
- Fixing linguistic bugs reported by the community and LQA Specialists.
- Collaborating with stakeholders throughout the organisation to highlight risks and opportunities to support the successful release of our products and services to your language community.
- Assisting the leadership team with improving processes.
- Assisting with updating and maintaining our Localisation knowledge base.
- Assisting with managing communications to your language community and working on projects that improve their experience with our products and services.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese.
- Excellent language and editing skills, previous related professional experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic environment.
- Proactive and a great team player.
- Passion for video games, especially MMOs and community-driven games a plus.
- Experience working with Jira and CAT tools like memoQ a plus.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.