This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected Games Development Studio as a Maintenance Technician based in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this position, the Maintenance Technician will report to the Buildings Manager and be responsible for helping to manage and maintain all aspects of buildings, facilities, utilities and Health and Safety. This includes performing preventative building repairs and maintenance checks, as well as assisting in managing any outsourced third-party facilities management service providers brought in under contract for all Creative Assembly sites in Horsham.
During busy periods, weekend work may be regularly required.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will have multi-trade experience and qualifications to be able to undertake tasks such as minor plumbing or electrical repairs.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- Be responsible for managing and acting quickly upon helpdesk tickets, replacing, and repairing equipment and services, facilities, furniture or buildings if within your scope of work
- Arrange 3rd party contractors where required, ensuring that any in-house fixes have been put into place where possible. This includes managing key dates, 3rd party contact details and contract management
- Be one of the first ports of call either face to face or via our helpdesk ticket system for the studio for facilities, building and utility issues, security and access maintenance and you will be an out of hours callout contact
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise which may involve personally rectifying them until a 3rd party contractor can attend site
- Play a large part in the upkeep of the studios, maintaining a clean and tidy environment and assisting with furniture/equipment removals and assembly alongside the other Studio Support team members
- Support in delivering H&S inductions and as well as assisting in the upkeep for the Fire Warden and First Aider logs and work with the team to ensure building signage is up to date
- Oversee the quality control of the work agreed by contractors and ensure it has been completed satisfactorily with any snags followed up
- Assist with build projects from design to install.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- M&E/ HVAC/ hard services knowledge
- Practical, hands-on experience of building maintenance, fit-outs and/or moves
- Qualified multi-trade inc PAT
- Health and Safety trained
- Experience in driving a van
- Must work well within a team
- Proficient using MS Office
- Experience with manual handling
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Experience of working in multi-site locations
- CAD trained
- Experience reading schematics
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.