As a Manager, Software Engineering, you understand how to empower and support the developers you work with while also keeping them motivated and accountable to schedules and budgets. You’ll work with the technical leads on multiple projects, assist with hiring & recruitment, and provide engineer mentorship to engineers across the studio.
You should be excited to span the entire PlayEveryWare suite of projects - from our co-development services and original IP development to our build automation tools and EOS Plugin for Unity. We’re not looking for someone who’s an expert across the board, but you’ll need to get comfortable providing support leadership across a broad technology stack and various business engagements.
You will report to the Director, Software Engineering for PlayEveryWare.
What you'll do Engineer Mentorship & Support
- Lead, grow, and coach team members to build talent over the long term
- Have recurring one on one meetings and provide support for performance reviews with your engineers
- Provide team with guidance and insight on how to solve programming problems
- Be the final adjudication point on technical decisions that can't be reached by the teams
- Provide career growth guidance for other engineers at the company
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity, and passion for game making
- Support Technical Leads and engineers with technical wisdom, development guidance, and organization best practices
- Support task and milestone planning across multiple projects
- Maintain alignment of technical requirements across multiple projects
- Contribute technically to projects through code reviews and debugging assistance
- Assist with the business development of the studio
- Help evaluate and explore new projects and opportunities
Recruitment & Hiring
- Assist with recruitment and hiring by assessing team needs, crafting job descriptions, and reviewing candidates
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively.
What you'll bring
- 6+ years of experience in game development
- Experience as a technical director or technical project manager
- Shown ability to provide technical guidance to high performing teams
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to scale yourself through other leaders and hold teams accountable for shipping high-quality software
Nice to have
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unity
- Expert in cross-platform online services