Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is looking for an experienced Material Artist to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate who will work closely with the Senior/Lead Material Artist, and the Art Director and will be responsible for the quality and implementation of world class textures and creation of materials.
- Expert ability in the creation of PBR, normal maps, textures, and materials.
- Expert understanding of Substance Painter and Designer.
- Robust professional experience as a Texture Artist in the games industry.
- Strong experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar for texture creation workflow.
- A comprehensive understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and urban location textures.
- An expert knowledge of current/next gen shader technology.
- A strong understating of art fundamentals – colour theory, composition, and lighting.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Strong interest in the latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist, Art Director and Technical Artist to develop and maintain our material, texture, and shader library
- Create high-quality, high-resolution textures for a large variation of assets
- Produce benchmark materials and textures to establish visual targets and document this process to guide 3D artists and other Texture Artists
- Research and implement solutions for the effective and performant application of high-resolution textures across terrain and environmental locations.
- Ensure all texture assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Integrate scanned data into texture workflow as required.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement and review final textures across product to ensure in-game results match expectations as well as performance constraints.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!