" Ref - 5246800. We are working with an exciting AAA Studio who are a market-leading independent developer, and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. They are looking for an experienced Materials Artist with a solid understanding of modern texturing/surfacing systems. Also, someone passionate about creating high-quality, responsive surfaces in Substance Designer, comfortable following a concept in detail, and able to apply their keen visual skills to a wide range of artistic styles. This role will allow you to work remotely anywhere in the UK or hybrid. Relocation packages and VISAs are provided if needed.
• Use procedural techniques to create complex, editable materials.
• Maintain and update our Substance libraries.
• Work with the Art team to maintain consistent high-quality materials throughout the gaming world.
• Build custom tools in Substance Designer to help improve functionality, speed, and quality.
• Create custom generators and brushes in Designer for use in Painter.
• Experience of at least one full game production cycle.
• Ability to appreciate, respond to and provide constructive critique.
• Strong observational skills and ability to translate reference into designer materials.
• Confidence to challenge team members with solution based answers.
• Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a cross disciplinary team.
• Extensive knowledge of Substance Designer.
• Solid understanding of Physically Based Shading and rendering.
• Solid understanding of Substance Painter.
• Production experience with 3D authoring software (Maya)."