One Player Missions client is looking for a Material Artist to join their Game Development team. They have a rich 30-year history in game development and are backed by one of the largest online gaming companies in the world.
The successful candidate will have a major influence on the overall visual appeal of the game, taking on a myriad of responsibilities from crafting textures and materials to collaborating with Technical Artists and other team members.
- Established commercial production experience in a similar Art role, with a portfolio of high-quality materials.
- Proficiency in Substance Designer.
- Experience with Zbrush, Photoshop, and other 3D software packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest game art basics including PBR rendering, materials, lighting, post-processing, and pipeline developments.
- Exceptional communication, self-management, and time management abilities with the skill to guide and support the Art Team.
- (Desirable) Experience with Unreal Engine.
- (Desirable) Insight into the more technical facets of game development.
- (Desirable) A genuine passion for playing games and interest in game development beyond just the artistic dimension.
- Produce top-tier textures & materials utilising Substance Suite.
- Partner with Technical Artists for the evolution of advanced shaders, smart materials, and repeatable textures.
- Supervise, sustain, and cultivate the growing material library.
- Pen and uphold technical documentation to back your developments and for overarching project implementations and pipelines.
- Offer guidance and support to the Art Team during the game’s production cycle.
- Stay updated on the latest industry standards and best practices.
- Complete VISA and Relocation Assistance if required.
- Flexible working.
- Healthcare package.
- Free gym access.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 428!