PitStop Productions are looking for Full Time Mid-Level Sound Designers to join our 40+ audio team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is thoroughly dedicated to their art, loves working with fellow audio professionals and has a desire to influence, create, and manage AAA audio in games.
Over the past 25 years, PitStop has grown its reputation and team, making us renowned for delivering reliably high-quality work.
You will be given responsibility for your own project as well as having the opportunity to creatively and technically contribute to the many others we currently have in production.
Why work for PitStop
- PitStop is an independent audio production team running multiple worldwide audio projects. We encourage collaborative working and sharing of skill sets
- We have a friendly and supportive team, who have built up a culture of really looking out for each other
- This position gives the opportunity to widen and vary both your creative and technical audio skills, along with adding a great range of titles to your CV
- Your path is unlimited! The possibilities to advance and further your career are a certainty if you are passionate about game audio and love being part of a creative and technical team
- You will have the freedom and security to fulfil your true potential
- Our location is ideal for either city or country lifestyles
- Create and implement a wide range of high quality sound effects, conceptualising and deciding on sound direction, both aesthetic and technical requirements
- Understand the needs of the project to plan and execute high quality sound design throughout development
- Be the driving force on the project – Utilising your experience to guide and inspire other members of the audio team
- Expertly describe technical behaviour and problems when communicating with external code/design/animation teams
- Problem solve and devise creative solutions to the complex challenges which can arise within interactive audio
- Mix and balance all types of media (linear / individual assets / in game) to a high standard
- Profiling and performance optimisation
- Bug fixing
What Skills Do We Need
- An in-depth understanding of multiple commercial or proprietary game engines and audio middleware such as; Wwise, UE4, FMOD, etc…
- Proven experience to implement a diverse range of sound effects to a high standard, while maintaining optimisation principles in complex game setups
- Experience with designing and implementing bespoke interactive sound systems, and setting up multi-layered / dynamic music systems
- Strong creative sound design skills, especially regarding use of spatial audio to set up realistic sounding audio in relation to the game
- Experience in the games industry
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills with a positive team attitude
- Expert knowledge of using industry standard DAWs, audio editing tools, and audio plugins such as; REAPER, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, etc…
- Demonstrate a proven reliability with time management and an understanding of the importance of meeting self-set and externally set targets
- Efficient organisational skills when planning and tracking the project / assets / status
- Broad knowledge of studio and field recording techniques
- Visual scripting experience, such as creating and using blueprints
- Full cycle development experience in a lead role, with experience working on multiple AAA titles
- Working experience with current gen console development/production
- BA/BSc degree in audio production/sound design or equivalent experience
- Good proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Experience in using version control software and VPNs
- Good experience with creating linear audio, such as trailers, short movies, etc...
- Generous holiday allowance
- Relocation package
- Bonus scheme
- Finder’s fee commission on projects
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working policy including
- Personalised career development
- Company funded social events / nights out / team meals
- Regular games nights / tournaments
- Access to acoustically treated recording studios / creative spaces
- Entry to industry events
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on their skills and experience.
This position will be held at our studios in Dodworth, Barnsley. Please ensure you are willing to commute or relocate in order to attend the office.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a short covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the email subject is ‘Sound Designer‘.
We’d also love to hear your showreel, as detailed below:
Your showreel should be a short video showcasing amazing sound design that fit the visuals as well as examples of audio implementation using middleware.
Please use a mix of in-game and linear audio examples, good mixing skills, ensuring to show enthusiasm for interesting implementation ideas, with contextual descriptions of what you did for each example.
While an understanding of music is important to us, this position will not involve any composition work. Therefore, only provide music examples if you are showcasing real-time music systems.