Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Engagement Designer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be able to make a real impact in our game by designing, developing, and maintaining systems with massive impact on the live game experience and game economy. To do so, you will be collaborating and creating with our talented and passionate team, developing an innovative brand-new FPS.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of an average of 1 day per week in our Horsham studio. This role can also be fulfilled fully in studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As an Engagement Designer, you will primarily work on the game’s progression systems, in-game economy, seasonal elements, and monetisation.
You will create and maintain emotionally engaging progression systems filled with appealing reward items. As a further key responsibility, you will manage virtual goods while implementing the setup of currencies, prices, quests, seasonal elements and in-game events within the game economy.
This will require work in various tools including, but not limited to, Unreal and LUA while collaborating with a wide variety of disciplines from UI Artists to Release Managers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Design and implement engaging, rewarding and balanced engagement systems
- Setup and maintain the configuration of the in-game economy of virtual goods & currencies
- Work with Data Analysts to identify retention and monetisation problems and propose potential improvements to the game experience
- Design, Implement, and execute in-game events
- Design and implement missions, quests, and challenges.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong Design skills: understanding key design process and work
- Excellent Excel and game design documentation skills
- Experience in an Engagement, Live Game Design or other Game Economy role on a live game
- Experience working on game monetisation
- Analytics- and KPI-driven mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in writing and verbal.
- Knowledge of User Research Methods and UX / UI best practices
- Passion for first person shooters
- Experience working with Unreal or similar Engine
- Experience with LUA or similar language.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.