Project: Console & PC Games
OPMs client is part of one of the fastest growing publishers in Europe, with a unique blend of creative freedom, culture and financial security.
They are currently seeking a Mission Designer to join development on their latest projects in collaboration with their lead artists and programmers. The successful candidate will be responsible for aspects of content creation from the original design, through to the finished product.
- Extensive professional games experience as a level or mission designer.
- Solid experience with 3D engine game editors.
- Significant experience with open world titles.
- Able to design missions, from the concept to finish, through iterative processes.
- Superb communication skills and a proven aptitude for multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Creating mission document drafts.
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on the in-game part of the open world, including missions, enemy encounters, and other gameplay elements, using Unreal Engine 4 tools and Blueprints.
- Cooperating with game designers to ensure that the level design adds to and enriches gameplay.
- Work together with environment artists on creating spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form unforgettable experiences.
- Collaborating with narrative designers to provide distinctive and immersive experiences.
- Conducting playtesting sessions and gathering feedback to refine the levels and gameplay.
- Taking part in other playtesting, offering feedback to help tune and enhance the game.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 blueprint system and tools.
- Ability to produce map layouts at all stages of development in at least one current game engine.
- Previously shipped at least one game as a mission Designer.
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- ‘Green’ office
- Complimentary German classes
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!