Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of Formula 1.
At Codemasters we are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. The Formula One team's software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to feature designs. We are looking for a Network Gameplay Programmer to help bring the vision of the game's ongoing evolution to life.
- Reporting to the Team Lead, you will work with the design team to evaluate multiplayer features and clarify technical requirements and opportunities
- Design and implement technical solutions for multiplayer game features
- You will contribute to the design and implementation of low level network systems in collaboration with the network team
- Collaborate with other technical disciplines on multiplayer features, ensuring network considerations have been taken into account
- You will take ownership of multiplayer related features, both cross platform and platform specific
- Take performance and memory usage into account and profile and optimise code where needed
- Provide development estimates and reporting to the team
- Fluency in C++, ideally within the games industry
- Understanding of peer-to-peer networks and experience in relation to games (knowledge of client-server networks of benefit)
- Experience implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console and PC platforms
- Experience with asynchronous programming methods and multi-threaded code environments
- A 2:1 / 1st class degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering
- Able to write clear and maintainable code
- Knowledge of backend services useful but not required
- Previously published game products in a network or multiplayer role highly desirable
- Strong communication and problem solving skills proven in a games development environment
- Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.