Project: AAA Games
Note: Can support relocation and/or application for work permit for non-EU citizens
This prestigious Swedish game studio is comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games.
They can boast an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
They are looking for a Network Programmer to join a team of talented programmers for the challenge of producing a world class AAA title.
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++
- Experience with a full cycle of a AAA game production
- Experience with networked gameplay and object replication
- Good understanding of mathematics for 3D game development
- Write clean, professional, well commented, and maintainable code
- Passionate about gaming and games development
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU, and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend, and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI, and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints, with focus on your area of expertise
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day-to-day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Debug, modify, extend, or use the tools pipeline as necessary.
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into the workflow
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Broad understanding of interactions between different gameplay systems
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!