OPMs client is looking for an experienced Unreal Engine Lead Gameplay Developer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team.
Working across multiple departments and in close proximity with the Game Director, you and your team will implement elements of multiplayer combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience.
This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to prototype and build robust multiplayer game systems.
- Guide vital architectural decisions alongside team members while also ensuring best practices.
- Help solve complex gameplay engineering problems with elegant and creative solutions.
- Prototype and iterate on features while being responsive to constructive feedback
- Set up good testing frameworks within Unreal Engine to ensure realistic memory and CPU targets are met.
- Reporting to the Game Director and Producers to ensure milestones are carefully produced and adhered to, communicating complications and requests for extensions as early as possible
- Guide and mentor team members to ensure the Gameplay team is constantly growing its overall skillsets.
- Deep professional experience in the production of games for consoles and PC.
- At least one shipped project from start to finish as Lead Gameplay Programmer.
- Superb knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on multiplayer games.
- Great C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools.
- Strong math skills.
- Solid familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general.
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One.
- Understanding with commonly used tools like Jira and Perforce.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!