Inspired by the fantastic work carried out by our charities, we demonstrate the impact we have on the lives of children and young people, to harness the generosity, creativity and energy of our dynamic and talented industry. Through our membership we identify charities, run fundraising events and distribute these funds as voted on by our members.
GamesAid is looking for its next Operations Coordinator to support the day to day running of the charity and its fundraising initiatives. We are looking for a motivated and creative individual with good organisational skills. Energy and enthusiasm are a key part of this role. You will be working as part of a team, with our Trustees who give their time voluntarily and who all work in the games industry, and with the charities that we support.
As an inclusive organisation, we encourage all those involved to contribute their ideas and plans to help increase awareness of the charity and increase our fund-raising efforts.
As a diverse organisation we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, including those who are looking for a first job or are looking for a work placement as part of their studies.
Location: Remote with the option to work from the office of Ukie, the video games trade association based in London, for part of the week.
Position: Full Time, 12-month contract, commencing September.
Working hours: 9.30 to 5.30 (40 hours per week including 1-hour break), flexible working hours will be considered.
- Reporting directly to the GamesAid Chair, the position will provide administrative support for GamesAid, primarily to the Chair, Vice-Chair and Trustees.
- Be the main point of contact for the charities, fundraisers and sponsors interested in supporting GamesAid.
- Contribute to the organisation of GamesAid events, and take the lead when required to ensure all events achieve their maximum fundraising potential, including:
- Helping GamesAid’s finance team to process donations, invoices and other payments from companies in the industry.
- Supporting the delivery of key operational processes within the organisation, such as the election process and supporting our selected charities.
- Managing and maintaining our Ebay store, including listing products and ensuring their successful delivery to people who purchase items.
- Ensuring that GamesAid’s document and resource library is kept tidy and well maintained in conjunction with the trustees.
- Coordinate information, sharing administrative tasks with the trustees to enable the successful running of the charity, including: organising meetings; following up on agreed actions; attending events; responding to correspondence.
- Responsible for supporting the Press Officer to:maintain the social media channels; create engaging content; produce email marketing and website material such as newsletters.
- Confident interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team – able to make things happen in both scenarios.
- Detail oriented mindset with good organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A willingness to travel and attend events.
- A desire to make a positive difference in society.
- Capable use of all social media channels (Twitter; Instagram; Facebook).