A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
To support, maintain and advance Jagex’s worldwide game hosting and development infrastructure through automation and the adoption of modern infrastructure technologies, under the direction of the Ops Engineering Manager. To provide broad technical expertise within the Operations Systems Support team. To improve the reliability of Jagex’s operational systems, and increase operational efficiency, through the application of DevOps skills and agile working practices.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation, monitoring, and support of Jagex’s game hosting infrastructure.
- Operation, monitoring, and support of Jagex’s development infrastructure.
- Participation in the implementation and maintenance of Cloud-first infrastructure in partnership with Development teams, supporting Jagex’s ongoing Cloud transition.
- Charter to automate, e.g., by defining Infrastructure as Code.
- Interaction with Development teams to understand and support their needs.
- Maintenance and improvement of Jagex’s operational processes and documentation, e.g., configuration standards, logging, monitoring, disaster recovery.
- Adoption of Agile Principles in your work.
- Responding to incidents in a data driven manner.
- Participation (negotiable) in an on-call rota providing out-of-hours cover.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Practical experience of DevOps, including CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (e.g.,Terraform) and Infrastructure Orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Demonstrable scripting skills, Python experience would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of Linux Operating Systems.
- A good understanding of Cloud services (Amazon Web Services).
- Familiarity with Computer Networks.
- Familiarity with Converged on-prem infrastructure.
- Awareness of Information Security concepts.
- Customer focused.
- Gamer / Love for Computer Games.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.