A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: Develop and maintain tools and infrastructure that improve the Player Support experience.How you can contribute:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development and lifecycle, including high level design, architecture definition, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Design, implement, and support agreed tools and infrastructures
- Create software and services with continuous integration and delivery principles in mind
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and player experience specialists to ship high quality features
- On-call support to troubleshoot and resolve out-of-hour production issues
What we need:
- Enthusiastic self-starter, can take high level direction and work directly with minimal instruction
- Critical thinker with an eye for detail and passion for solving problems
- Proficient in Java and knowledgeable in other programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, etc.)
- Experience with Sprint Boot and Spring frameworks
- Experience in test-driven development, unit testing, and integration testing
- Some experience with software deployment
- Some experience with building and using RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience in containerised deployment (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with SQL or Postgres
- Familiarity with log aggregation and monitoring tools (e.g. Grafana, Zabbix, Periscope, etc.)
Even better if:
- Experience in DevOps, continuous development and continuous integration tools (e.g. Bamboo, Ansible, etc.)
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies, specifically AWS Cloud services (e.g. AWS EC2, AWS ElastiCache)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Agile enthusiast with previous scrum development experience
- Practical experience with continual improvement methods (e.g. Value-stream mapping, etc.)
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.