Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and will be working on PR and communications for current titles, and future unannounced projects.
The role of PR Manager encompasses the promotion of Frontier’s products and developing a deeper engagement with the media. Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, the PR Manager, with the assistance of the Junior PR Managers, will devise and execute strategic and tactical PR plans, write press releases, ensure consistent communication of company and product messages, generate coverage and commentary, plan and execute campaigns and events, and work with Frontier’s Publishing team on broad strategic goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to create, plan, and deliver aligned PR campaigns and events around Frontier and its titles
- Build and maintain relationships with global media outlets and key influencers across multiple channels ensuring that a positive brand image is conveyed at all times
- Write and edit press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, planning documents, and other PR material
- Coordinate with international PR agencies
- Direct line management of a Junior PR Manager
- Work with the Publishing team to develop broad long term strategies for increasing engagement and conversation
- Attend and manage global events (E3, Gamescom, etc.)
- Use analytical tools to analyse and measure all activities to improve effectiveness and response. Set KPIs and develop plans accordingly
- Regular and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Experience working in a similar PR or related role in the games industry, preferably in a development studio
- A deep understanding of the computer and videogames market, and the specialist and non-specialist media landscape
- Strong relationships with key international specialist and non-specialist media outlets
- Very strong writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing methods and channels
- Strong strategic mind set with the ability to goals and KPIs
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions.
- Passionate about video games.
- Previous experience managing a small team
- Degree qualified or CIPR qualified or working towards
- International, European or Asian working experience and/or language skills.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.