Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Open World Multiplayer Games
Our client consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios – Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio – plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK.
Their Marketing department in Oslo, Norway needs a PR Manager to to join the Communications team. This role reports to the Communications Director.
The Communications team is responsible for external communication towards press, gamers, and communities, and as PR Manager you will work both strategically and operationally to secure global press coverage for all titles and to ensure the message rings loud and clear across the gaming space. You will contribute to the development of go-to-market plans and take a hands-on approach in all aspects of PR, including nurturing relationships with journalists and media outlets in all territories.
You will work closely with external PR agencies to bolster internal capacity when executing press beats. Some travel must be expected for gaming conferences and other press events.
- Contribute to the development of go-to-market plans, creating strategies and tactics for how to communicate key messaging and generate press attention across marketing beats
- Execute PR beats including reveals, announcements, press previews, review rounds, events and more, working hands-on directly with press and with the help of external PR firms
- Create reports capturing press coverage, sentiments, and key data, providing other team members, management, and external partners with insight and data
- Identify and track key PR metrics, and push towards using this data in planning and ongoing decision-making during campaigns
- Respond to press requests on a daily basis, answering questions and providing members of the press with assets, information, and other content
- Manage PR portal, keeping it updated with content, posting press releases, and managing media lists
- Work closely with external PR firms, including having regular sync meetings, to ensure that are aligned and that they are on track
- Act as a company spokesperson towards the gaming press, presenting products and the company, both on camera and off camera
- Extensive experience in the gaming industry in a similar role
- Successfully shipped several games across multiple platforms. Experience with AAA games as a service on PC and console is a plus
- The ability to identify and explore PR opportunities, develop new ideas from the ground up
- Experience and a genuine interest in the gaming industry and keeping up with the latest trends, understanding what makes both press and consumers excited
- Experience with contributing to go-to-market plans, being able to come up with exciting ideas and angles to ensure messaging is not only understandable, but also captivating
- Experience from working in a similar role in a development studio is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with fluency in English. Experience in front of the camera, as a spokesperson and as a presenter, is a plus
- Flexible working schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Healthcare package
- Free gym access
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!