OPMs client is looking for a Principal Designer with a specialty in 3C’s to join the early development of a new, AAA, Unreal 5 multiplayer action game.
The successful candidate will take ownership of our clients character, camera and controls systems, working directly with the Lead Designer, Animators, and Directors.
- Ability to own and deliver high-quality work, with no guidance from others
- Obsessive about delivering the very best player experience
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both to Directors and to team members in all disciplines
- In depth knowledge of character, camera and controls systems (ideally in multiplayer titles)
- Knowledge of accessibility practices and systems regarding gameplay and controls
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication
- Good knowledge of at least 1 industry-standard engine, ideally Unreal 5
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
- Be an additive part of all major second to second gameplay design decisions on a AAA game
- Imagining, owning and documenting major features around our 3Cs systems
- Ensure we have a deep and responsive control and camera system that layers instant recognition to in depth mastery
- Becoming our controls and character accessibility champion
- Taking these features from ideation, through documentation, prototype, to full production
- ‘Feature Owner’ of cross-discipline teams to deliver exceptional quality
- Creating these features and interactions in Unreal 5, using Blueprints
- Reviewing design work and implementation work to ensure quality
- Assisting junior members of the design team
- Accurately planning work
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427!