This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Job Location: Remote, North West UK
Project: AAA Games
This UK developer is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres including Narrative Adventure and Action Shooter titles. They are a team of professional, friendly developers who form a world class studio staffed with excited, passionate creators who love to collaborate across varied, inspiring, and challenging games.
As a Principal Animator you will work closely with other animators and tech animators to iterate, evolve and polish animations to the highest quality possible, on a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals.
- A minimum of one shipped AAA game
- Strong level of technical expertise and ability to problem solve
- Excellent with Maya
- In-depth knowledge of typical rig setups
- Great keyframe Animation skills that demonstrate excellent body mechanics, weight, and timing
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of human and animal movement, spatial awareness, and ability to adapt to different animation styles
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Passion and understanding of what makes AAA games animation great
- Set standards for the animation team to deliver world class animation on world class franchises
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders such as the Game Director and Animation Lead to ensure game vision is maintained
- Collaborate with the Game Director to deliver their vision to the animation team clearly
- Feedback on work from the animation team
- Mentoring and training of members of the animation team
- Work closely with Technical Animators to develop and improve workflows
- Work closely with character team to ensure their models are ready for rigging
- Unreal Engine or a proprietary engine experience
- Understanding of Motion Builder
- Familiarity working with motion capture data and pipelines
- Relocation Assistance if required
- Full Time remote contract if in the UK already
- Generous holiday allowance
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Performance related Bonus
- Private healthcare plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!