This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
For over 30 years our client has consistently developed innovative and successful award-winning racing games. This role will deliver the programming code underpinning all aspects of rendering to impact the appearance of the game.
You will need to apply a thorough knowledge and experience of interactive rendering techniques on modern games console hardware including shader development, visibility determination, physically based rendering models, lighting and global illumination.
You will take a key role in ensuring that the vision of the art team is delivered on screen and that each platform works as efficiently as possible.
- A Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (eg. Computer Science, Physics, Maths etc)
- Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
- Experience in a principal graphics role on previous AAA titles
- Computer architecture knowledge and experience specific to the games industry
- Cross platform, PC and Console games development experience
- Expert use of debugging and profiling tools
- Experience writing shaders (HLSL/CG etc.) and DirectX on console games
- Shader and GPU programming skills
- Advanced 3D geometry, pure & applied maths