We have a fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded and experienced 3D Character Artist, to work on an exciting new project within our Total war franchise. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
We are looking for a talented Senior to Principal level 3D Character Artist to join our team and deliver high quality assets for the latest Total War title in development.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least one day per week. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be tasked with creating high-quality AAA character and hard-surface art assets for a new and exciting project currently in development. You will be working in close collaboration with the Lead Character Artist to create consistent, quality benchmark assets, improve pipelines and draft comprehensive documentation. As part of this role, you will be expected to attend reviews, share feedback, and communicate effectively with the wider art team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Produce High quality assets
- Work in collaboration with other artists and designers on the unit roster
- Mentor and guide the character art team in best character and hard surface practices and workflows
- Provide workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- Work closely with Lead Character Artist to set quality benchmarks and ensure the visual target is always exceeded and stylistically consistent
- Provide creative and technical direction to the wider character art team
- Set the tone for character creation using advanced techniques, including Substance Designer and Painter.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Highly effective time management, ability to prioritise and maintain work schedule
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- Self-sufficient, pro-active, and confident in sharing ideas and giving constructive feedback
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer.
- AAA console/PC titles shipped
- Traditional drawing and sculpting skills.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio (or link to a portfolio). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.