Project: AAA Games Studio
OPMs client is looking for talented individuals who translate ideas into tangible designs that inform the aesthetics of the worlds that the player will eventually move around, the characters they’ll meet and the props that they might wield.
They trust their Principal Character Artists to model and sculpt high-quality game assets delivered on time and within the technical specifications required for the game to be performant.
They are looking for a talented Principal Character Artist to join their growing teams of talented developers, helping to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with recent examples of character and creature work.
- A strong sense of silhouette, form and proportion.
- Knowledge and understanding of real world human and animal anatomy.
- An understanding of mesh topology best practices for animation purposes.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation, including LOD generation.
- Expert level experience with PBR workflows.
- Proficiency with sculpting and modelling tools such as Zbrush, Mudbox, 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Real time hair and fur grooming experience.
- Experience working with Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well self-directing as well as within a team.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- Create high quality characters and creatures varying in scale and complexity.
- Model characters using reference photographs and concept art materials.
- Work with the Lead Character Artist and Art Director to create high quality assets in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within technical specifications under set deadlines.
- Review and iterate your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with Animation and Tech Art to ensure that not only do the characters look great but they function well in game.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Marvellous Designer.
- An interest in fashion or an understanding of clothing construction.
- Experience modelling props and other character related accessories.
- Experience processing photogrammetry scan data.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!