Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights.
Currently, we are working on two major projects: Exoborne – a Sharkmob original game created in Malmö, is a tactical, open-world extraction shooter set in a United States torn apart by apocalyptic forces of nature. The second project, developed in London, is another Sharkmob original IP yet to be announced. Our first game, Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, was released on 27 April 2022.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates who are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and, last but not least – having fun! We hope you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, visit our homepage.
Sharkmob London is looking for a skilled and passionate Principal Games AI Engineer to contribute towards game AI development for our next AAA title. As this is an entirely new IP, there is room for a lot of innovation and growth within the AI team.
- Collaborate within the AI engineering team to develop leading-edge AI technology.
- Mentor and support other engineers within the AI team.
- Design, plan, implement and own efficient and optimized AI systems.
- Innovate with new AI architectures and technologies.
- Work closely with other teams to bring AI characters and behaviors to life.
- Collaborate on procedural content generation tools with other engineering functions within the studio.
- Professional experience in games, simulation, or real-time AI.
- Proven experience on multiple shipped products as a senior AI engineer.
- Strong design sensibility.
- Proficient in debugging and performance analysis.
- Robust knowledge of C++ programming
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Expert with modern game AI systems: decision making, perception, navigation, planning.
Nice to have:
- Experience building tools for game AI.
- Experience working on large scale open world games
- Experience with PCG
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and generous annual leave entitlement.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Potential for performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive private pension and healthcare schemes.
- Opportunities for professional growth and skill development.
As a Principal Games AI Engineer at Sharkmob, you will be instrumental in shaping AI systems that define our games' experiences. If you have a deep passion for AI in gaming and the skills to drive innovation, we encourage you to apply and join us in crafting the next generation of AAA titles.