" Ref - 5253400. We’re on the hunt for a Principal Level Designer to join the early development of a new AAA multiplayer action game. You will take ownership of parts of the world’s design and construction, working directly with the Leads. A great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge to enhance the core moment-to-moment gameplay and see the game through its entire journey.
This AAA studio is UK based and open to remote work if you live in the UK. Relocation assistance is provided if you live outside the UK.
• Be a pinnacle part of all major level design decisions
• Create outstanding gameplay spaces that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game
• Take ownership of areas of the game world, taking them from conception to completion
• Develop and iterate level designs through close collaboration with other disciplines
• Create top quality documentation for proposed levels and specs for new features
• Review levels as they are constructed by the team and give feedback to ensure consistency and high quality across the world
• Review the tools and pipelines and look for improvements in efficiency
• Mentor other Level Designers
We need someone with:
• Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
• In-depth knowledge of level design theory and best practices
• Ability to own and deliver high-quality work, with minimal guidance
• Obsessive about delivery the very best player experience
• Exceptional creativity and design skills
• Experienced mentoring and leading technical Level Designers
• Knowledge of 3D modelling software (Maya preferably)
• Strong knowledge of industry-standard engines (ideally Unreal 5)
Prior experience in these areas would be desirable but the studio really values talent and passion above all else!
Get in touch with email@example.com for more information about this incredible opportunity!
We are partnered with numerous studios so if this position isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for your next role still get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for."