This vacancy offers a work-from-home start in the UK until it is safe to work in-house.
Project: Mobile Games
Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. They are focused on creating fun console games using a world-famous IP. They are seeking a Principal Rendering and Performance Programmer to join their team.
- Experience with technical design implementing performance critical rendering systems.
- Ability to profile CPU and GPU performance and to optimise to performance goals.
- Superb 3D maths skills.
- Strong graphics background with knowledge of cutting-edge rendering techniques.
- Great understanding of current graphics hardware and shader programming.
- Capable of providing mentoring and direction while designing and delivering solutions within a small and focused game team.
- Excellent knowledge of one programming language, preferably C#, C or C++.
- Eagerness to pick up new languages and technologies.
- Ability to communicate and work with coders, artists, game, and audio designers.
Reporting to a Lead Programmer, you will collaborate with the artists and designers to interpret their creative direction and bring it to fruition. You will be responsible for the performance of the game across the range of hardware it supports.
DESIRED SKILL (good to have):
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Experience on one or more shipped games.
- Experience with additional programming languages (e.g. C, C++, C#, HLSL, GLSL, Metal).
- Experience of iOS, Android, or other mobile development.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Social Events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!