JOB TITLE: Project Manager - ComplianceDEPARTMENT: ComplianceLOCATION: SEGA Europe, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9BWREPORTING TO: Director of ComplianceA BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Our Project Managers in our newly created Compliance Team will work with key stakeholders throughout the organisation to support SEGA’s privacy and compliance programme and will support key business functions to improve and define the privacy impacts and risks in processes. The Compliance Team will provide support and guidance to all SEGA operations in the US/EMEA region from our UK base.
The role will report directly to the Director of Compliance and will include a lot of variety, giving you exposure to key areas of the business. This is a great chance to be part of a newly created team driving privacy and compliance initiatives and helping to scale and implement a privacy-by-design approach across multiple teams and functions.
- Help develop and document all areas of SEGA’s privacy programme including its policies, procedures and data audits and identify opportunities to improve procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of SEGA’s compliance programme including:
- Assisting with implementing the privacy compliance process across specific business areas and auditing its implementation, especially the move towards automation.
- Working closely with business areas to operationalise recommendations and ensure compliance with internal policies and processes, including leading initiatives on the completion of assessments and other onboarding documentation.
- Managing the records of processing activities.
- Assisting the Compliance Team with data subject requests and regulatory inquiries.
- Working with the legal and security teams in managing vendor onboarding and due diligence.
- Working on key data protection processes including Privacy Assessments, Data Subject rights documentation, training materials and Data Breach assessments.
- Supporting any compliance-related enquiries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience bring order to chaos – tracking and shepherding projects from initial enquiry to conclusion and post mortem
- Ability to work independently, balance multiple activities, prioritise issues quickly and respond to tight deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business.
- Detail orientated, friendly and a team player
- 1 – 2 years’ experience of working in compliance or privacy, preferably within data protection and management is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise privacy management systems (preferably OneTrust) is a plus
- Relevant knowledge of privacy and regulatory frameworks including UK and EU GDPR, DPA 2018, e-Privacy and CCPA
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.